Golf Springfield - Course Details
Springfield Country Club is situated on a property which was of a tract of land deeded in 1681 deeded by William Penn to a surveyor, Robert Taylor. From 1730 to 1752, the land and now historic home-site were occupied by one Abraham Lincoln, great uncle of the 16th President. The land was farmed until 1947, when it was purchased by Thomas Sheridan, whose family sold it to Springfield Township in the early 1960’s.
In the 1980’s the Township embarked on a Greens restoration project to redesign all 18 greens on the golf course. The project was approved by the board of commissioners and the course was redesigned by David Myers and James Simpson. The project was completed in the spring of 2000 and has greatly enhanced the condition and layout of the course, (6,018 yard par 70). In 1999 a 53,000 square foot clubhouse was constructed and currently houses public dining rooms, banquet rooms capable of seating 800 people, Proshop, golfers’ grill, locker rooms and cart storage.
The Springfield Country Club Recreational Complex, owned by Springfield Township, provides golf, ice skating, swimming, dining and banquet facilities. It has become a gathering place for people to participate in numerous recreational activities and social events.
Over & Tingley, Civil Engineers located in Havertown Pa back in the 40’s engineered the original golf course design dated September 23, 1947.